24th October 2016
Learn the latest on precision at winter workshops
SOYL’s popular winter workshops return next month, offering growers the opportunity to learn more about the latest developments in precision crop production.
The series of twelve free workshops will share information on the practicalities and benefits of precision techniques, including:
• Latest variable rate nitrogen trials including new approaches and advice
• Real time variable depth cultivations with Topsoil Mapper
• Full results from our harvest 2016 trial programme
• Multi layer analysis of precision farming data
• Preview of trials in the ground for harvest 2017
• Options for mapping black-grass in 2017
• Next steps for using yield maps.
Growers will also have chance to talk to the experts about how precision management can help their own businesses and see live demonstrations of the latest technology, including the recently upgraded web-based management platform, MySOYL and field scouting app, iSOYLscout.
“Our workshops are a great platform for growers to learn about the latest developments,” states commercial director, Simon Parrington. “Progress in precision crop production is rapid and the various improvements delivered by our variable rate systems make a real difference to farm profitability.
“The workshops are designed to suit current and future clients with a real focus on new information and how to gain maximum benefit. The live demonstrations are a great chance to try before you buy and members of our advisory, technical support and science teams will be at each event too, so it really is a great chance for growers to identify new areas to improve crop profitability.”
The first of this year’s workshops takes place in Norwich on Tuesday 15th November, with 10 more events across England and Scotland before the final workshop in Aberdeen on Thursday 2nd February 2017. The full list of dates can be found below.
Over 1000 growers have attended the series of events in previous years.
Coffee will be served from 9am with presentations starting at 9.30am. Presentations conclude at 12.30pm when a light lunch will be served.
BASIS and NRoSO points are available on attendance.
SOYL winter workshop dates and locations:
1. Tuesday 15th November 2016, John Innes Centre, Norwich
2. Thursday 17th November 2016, SOYL HQ, Newbury
3. Tuesday 22nd November 2016, Whittlebury Hall, Towcester
4. Thursday 24th November 2016, KP Club, Pocklington
5. Monday 28th November 2016, The Haycock Hotel, Peterborough
6. Thursday 1st December 2016, The Pear Tree Hotel, Worcester
7. Tuesday 6th December 2016, Lincolnshire Showground, Lincoln
8. Friday 9th December 2016, Frontier Agriculture, Sandy
9. Tuesday 13th December 2016, Colchester United FC, Colchester
10. Tuesday 31st January 2017, Berwick Rugby Club, Berwick
11. Wednesday 1st February 2017, Battleby Conference Centre, Perth
12. Thursday 2nd February 2017, Lochter Activity Centre, Aberdeen